[R] ggplot2: multiple box plots, different tibbles/dataframes

Avi Gross @v|gro@@ @end|ng |rom ver|zon@net
Thu Nov 11 18:35:03 CET 2021

Rich,

I think we have suggested something several times that you ignore as you are
focused on your way of thinking.

If you read the last part of the letter I wrote in public, I suggest
combining your multiple dataframes into one if they are compatible and
including a new column called something like PLACE. The existence of that
variable lets you tell ggplot you want MULTIPLE plots placed in a grid based
on that variable OR in other words, asking ggplot to subdivide your data
into four parts and make one plot for each and then place them into a
matrix.

I will not spell out the many variations you can make but some variations
have you add another layer to the ggplot that may use formula notation to
specify what combination of variables to do the subdivisions by or
specifying you want then in rows (meaning vertically stacked) based on a
variable and so on.

Look up facet_grid() and facet_wrap() as various ways to do this. Note you
may want to examine some options such as setting the scales to be the same
or free.