[R] Problem Compiling v-4.x.x

Stephen P. Molnar @@mo|n@r @end|ng |rom @bcg|ob@|@net
Mon Nov 8 20:57:24 CET 2021

I have uptodate Debian Buster on my Linux platform and have been
compiling R distros for quite some time, usually with success.

This time I have encountered the same error in my attempts to compile
v-4..1.2 and then, when that failed, I had the same error with v-4.1.0.

The error in both cases was:

/home/comp/Downloads/R Packages/R-4.1.0/R-4.1.0/etc/Makeconf:10:
Packages/R-4.1.0/R-4.1.0/share/make/vars.mk: No such file or directory.

I don't have the faintest idea as to what is going on, and, even worse,
I don't know how to fix it.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--