[R] What to do when problems() returns nothing

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Nov 3 19:49:50 CET 2021

When I source the import_data.R script now I get errors that tell me to look
at problems(). I enter that function name but there's no return.

Reading ?problems I learned that stop_for_problems(x) should stop the
process when a problem occurs, so I added that function to each data file;
for example,

library(tidyverse)
library(lubridate)

cor_disc <- read_csv("../data/cor-disc.csv", col_names = TRUE,
                      col_types = list (
                          site_nbr = col_character(),
                          year = col_integer(),
                          mon = col_integer(),
                          day = col_integer(),
                          hr = col_double(),
                          min = col_double(),
                          cfs = col_integer())
                      )
stop_for_problems(cor_disc)

running the command, source('input_data.R') produces this result:
> source('import_data.R')
> Error: 415903 parsing failures
> In addition: Warning message:
> One or more parsing issues, see `problems()` for details

When I run the problems() function nothing is returned:
> problems()

What do I read to learn how to identify the problems so I can fix them?

TIA,

Rich