[R] Student request for help in Self Organizing Map (SOM)

Riaz Bibi r|@zb|b|b@|och @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 25 14:28:12 CEST 2021

Dear

I am Bibi, a PhD student of Environmental Science in South Korea.  I am
currently writing my research paper and to deal with data I need to do Self
Organizing Map (SOM).

I am using R version 4.1.0 (2021-05-18) with kohonen package.

I was following this tutorial given
http://rstudio-pubs-static.s3.amazonaws.com/437468_136a369149e24f24a4d0c152860ab4c3.html
.

But I have a small confusion that I could not understand. To check the
efficiency of SOM model, I need to find out topographic error, which I
could not figure out.

I will be really thankful if you please tell me how I can calculate
topographic error or any alternative term or which one is the topographic
error in the given article.

Please accept my apology if I wrote or mentioned something inappropriate.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Kind regards

Bibi