[R] Plotting Coxph model with an interaction.

Gerrit Eichner gerr|t@e|chner @end|ng |rom m@th@un|-g|e@@en@de
Fri May 21 07:55:03 CEST 2021

Hi, John,

it should work the same way as without interaction (but make sure
to use the fitted object "coxfit", not just "fit" in our call of
survfit, and note that age*rx already expands to age + rx + age:rx
so that age + rx is redundant in your formula):

coxfit <- coxph(Surv(futime, fustat) ~ age+rx+age*rx, data = ovarian)
plot(survfit(coxfit, newdata=data.frame(age=60,rx=2)))

Or do I missunderstand your question?

  Hth  --  Gerrit

Dr. Gerrit Eichner                   Mathematical Institute, Room 212
gerrit.eichner using math.uni-giessen.de   Justus-Liebig-University Giessen
Tel: +49-(0)641-99-32104          Arndtstr. 2, 35392 Giessen, Germany
http://www.uni-giessen.de/eichner