[R] Question about using R sample datasets

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Sun May 2 15:04:04 CEST 2021

Again, the terms of the license govern the legalities. I don’t think you would need any further efforts at licensing your commentary. Screenshots or text copies would both be just copies and the appropriate citations would probably be all that were needed. I do not think your commentary or explanatory work would need to be considered FOSS or a copyleft license. There are many instances of commercial, copyrighted books that contain portions of R source code. Several businesses exist that sell accessories or packages that depend on but are not part of core R. Some of them seem to me to be skirting the line of legality but I don’t think there have been any cases brought before judicial authorities. So your plans seems completely safe and well inside accepted and legal boundaries to my understanding.

David

Sent from my iPhone