[R] Question about using R sample datasets

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Sun May 2 01:16:52 CEST 2021

Any answer you get here will will have all the authority of "some guy on the Internet", but my reading of the licenses is that as long as you give proper credit that you can use any material in teaching or commercial purposes AND derivative works are likewise copy-able on an open source (FOSS) basis. You should read the LinkedIn TOS and make sure that posting there is not subject to some sort of publisher's copyright. That might be a violation fo the licensing for material copied from CRAN sources. Acknowledgment alone might not be an acceptable use. You may need to seek appropriate legal counsel or get opinions from the creators of the licensing language, since there are a variety of license.

David Winsemius, MD, (IANAL)