[R] pie3D.labels

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 30 23:45:56 CEST 2021

Hi Collins,
pie3D draws a pseudo-3D pie and then places 2D labels around it. If
you put the labels on top of the pie, it is not going to look right.
The labels will be displayed with an orthogonal viewing angle, while
the pie will be tilted. pie3D is one of those functions that I wrote
for those who might otherwise think that if R can't produce 3D pie
charts, then R is no good. You can do fulsomely decorative plots in R,
and if your boss demands a 3D pie chart, you can do it. If you really
want to create a 3D pie chart with 3D labels, do it with a 3D
rendering program like POVray. I'm afraid that I don't have the time
to provide you with an example right now.

Jim