[R] Off topic --- underdispersed (pseudo) binomial data.

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 26 01:41:00 CET 2021

I haven't checked this, but I guess that the number of students that
*pass* a particular exam/subject, per semester would be like that.

e.g.
Let's say you have a course in maximum likelihood, that's taught once
per year to 3rd year students, and a few postgrads.
You could count the number of passes, each year.

If you assume a near-constant probability of passing in each exam/semester:
Then I would assume it would follow the distribution that you're requesting.

If there is a significant change in the number of students:
Lets say, that less and less students study maximum likelihood because
they would rather study "advanced" R programming for "data science"
with "large data", then you might be able to apply some sort of
discrete-scaling transformation to the number of passes each semester.
This would allow you to pretend that the number of people studying
maximum likelihood is the same, and no one is studying other
apparently more important subjects.