[R] Specifying plot file name in the rscript

Ben Tupper btupper @end|ng |rom b|ge|ow@org
Tue Mar 9 14:58:17 CET 2021

Hi,

When you call plot() it will draw to the default device - in your case
the pdf() device. When the default device results in a file, R selects
a filename for you unless you tell it otherwise.  You can specify the
filename by explicitly calling pdf() first.

pdf("var_plot.pdf")
plot(res.pca, choix="var", axes=c(1,2))
dev.off()

pdf("ind_plot.pdf")
plot(res.pca, choix="ind", axes=c(1,2))
dev.off()

See ?device for a listing of available devices.

Ben