[R] Can't add error bars to existing line graph

John Fox j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Wed Jun 16 21:01:35 CEST 2021

Dear Bruno,

There are (at least) two errors here:

(1) I think that you misunderstand how interaction.plot(), and more
generally R base graphics, work. interaction.plot() doesn't return a
graphics object, but rather draws on a graphics device as a side effect.
Of course, interaction.plot() is a function and so it must return
something -- it invisibly returns NULL.

(2) I assume that you independently computed Scaphmeans and Scaphse,
although you didn't include the corresponding code in your message. In
any event, the arrows() function generally takes 4 arguments (x0, y0,
x1, y1), specifying the x and y coordinates of the endpoints of the
arrows. It's true that because your "arrows" are intended to be
vertical, you need not specify x1, which defaults to x0, but the other 3
arguments are necessary. See ?arrows for details.

I hope this helps,
  John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University