[R] Makefile error

Sat Jul 24 18:05:20 CEST 2021

On Sat, 24 Jul 2021 11:19:41 +0000 (UTC)
Bintao Cui via R-help <r-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> Makefile.in:87: *** missing separator.  Stop.

Thanks for showing us the error message, but this isn't enough
information. In order to be able to help, we also need to know what
exactly you did to get the error message.

See also: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

> I am trying to install R-4.1.0 version to fedora

And you're building from source because there doesn't seem to be
R-4.1.0 in the repos? I think you can install R-4.1.0 from Rawhide.

See also: the mailing list about R in Fedora:
This list is about programming in R language, so perhaps your question
would be better addressed there.

--
Best regards,
Ivan