[R] Assigning categorical values to dates

Tom Woolman twoo|m@n @end|ng |rom ont@rgettek@com
Thu Jul 22 05:23:52 CEST 2021

Couldn't you convert the date columns to character type data in a data
frame, and then convert those strings to factors in a 2nd step?

The only downside I think to treating dates as factor levels is that
you might have an awful lot of factors if you have a large enough
dataset.