[R] Plotting confidence intervals with ggplot, in multiple facets.

Avi Gross @v|gro@@ @end|ng |rom ver|zon@net
Tue Jul 20 03:39:42 CEST 2021

Rolf,

Your questions probably should go to a group focused on the ggplot package, not a general R group where many do not use it.

A little judicious searching like "R ggplot use greek letters in text" gets you some pointers that show how to do much more than Greek letters but more complex mathematical style equations and that many aspects of ggplot support it and you can use other functions like paste() to put more complex expressions together.

Similarly, your comments about wanting to have different scales showing in multiple plots using facet_grid() or perhaps facet_wrap() might answer your question as the manual page explains:

scales

Are scales shared across all facets (the default, "fixed"), or do they vary across rows ("free_x"), columns ("free_y"), or both rows and columns ("free")?

So alter the line you use at the end to include a comma at the end of the arguments followed by “scale=…” as needed.

But yes, truly independent graphs placed in a grid, after loading the packages needed, gives even more options.

There are some very decent books and tutorials on many aspects of ggplot including some that are free and on-line. Here is an earlier edition of one:

https://ggplot2-book.org/

Note especially this section on faceting:

https://ggplot2-book.org/facet.html

I will now go silent on ggplot-related questions 😉