[R] problem for strsplit function

Robert Knight bobby@kn|ght @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jul 10 20:01:22 CEST 2021

My method would be to use parse and deparse and substitute.  It would iterate over each file name and build a new list of file names with the last four characters removed to have only the left side, and only the last four remaining to have only the right side.  Then a new dataframe would be created of the partial file names.

Deparse and substitute to get the file names into a string, then use character removal on the sides, put the file name into a new vector, and then create the relevant data frame if desired.

This allows one to Rely on their software development metaphor.  It might lack a certain finess, but the metaphor is either a loom or a boxing match against a CSV so it’s fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone