[R] problem for strsplit function

Kai Yang y@ngk@|9999 @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Thu Jul 8 17:24:25 CEST 2021

 Hello all,
I have to learning R from beginning, since my group will get rid of SAS. So, my question may not be very clear for professional R user. I always dealing with column in data frame, not data vector.
Many thanks to Greg's example. it is very helpful.
one more question, how can I know if the function is for column manipulations or for vector?
Thank you,
Kai
    On Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 10:36:53 PM PDT, Greg Minshall <minshall using umich.edu> wrote:

fwiw, i almost always use '[.]' in preference to '\\\\\\\\.', as it
seems to be more likely to get through the various levels of quoting in
different contexts.