[R] conditional output of string to file n times...

Evan Cooch ev@n@cooch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 6 15:27:20 CEST 2021

Suppose I have a file with the the following structure - call the two
space-separated fields 'label' and 'count':

ABC 3
DDG 5
ABB 2

What I need to do is parse each line of the file, and then depending on
the value of count, write out the value of 'label' to a new file, but
'count' times. In other words, take the preceding, and output

ABC
ABC
ABC
DDG
DDG
DDG
DDG
DDG
ABB
ABB

I was wondering if there was an elegant/simple way to do this? I can do
this relatively easily in perl, or awk, but am stumped by getting a bit
of R code to accomplish the same thing.

Many thanks in advance...