[R] Different results on running Wilcoxon Rank Sum test in R and SPSS

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Jan 19 11:23:19 CET 2021

Unfortunately your data did not come through. Try using dput() and then
pasting that into the body of your e-mail message.

On 18/01/2021 17:26, bharat rawlley via R-help wrote:
> Hello,
> On running the Wilcoxon Rank Sum test in R and SPSS, I am getting the following discrepancies which I am unable to explain.
> Q1 In the attached data set, I was trying to compare freq4w_n in those with drug_code 0 vs 1. SPSS gives a P value 0.031 vs R gives a P value 0.001779.
> The code I used in R is as follows -
> wilcox.test(freq4w_n, drug_code, conf.int = T)
>

> Q2 Similarly, in the same data set, when trying to compare PFD_n in those with drug_code 0 vs 1, SPSS gives a P value 0.038 vs R gives a P value < 2.2e-16.
> The code I used in R is as follows -
> wilcox.test(PFD_n, drug_code, mu = 0, alternative = "two.sided", correct = TRUE, paired = FALSE, conf.int = TRUE)
>

> I have tried searching on Google and watching some Youtube tutorials, I cannot find an answer, Any help will be really appreciated, Thank you!

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html