[R] Summarizing select columns in a data frame

Sun Jan 17 21:48:35 CET 2021

There are literally tons of ways to do this sort of thing in R.

In base R ?tapply and friends, especially ?ave and ?by that may be close to
what you want.
But there is a whole parallel universe -- the so-called "tidyverse set of
packages -- that many folks prefer.
This link takes you down that rabbit hole: https://dplyr.tidyverse.org/

There are still others (e.g. the data.table package). You should expect to
invest a little time in learning whichever you choose. You may wish to also
search a bit for tutorials on your choice -- there are many good ones out
there.

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."