[R] package not available for R version...

Tue Jan 12 21:08:07 CET 2021

On 12/01/2021 2:43 p.m., varin sacha via R-help wrote:
> Dear R-experts,
>
> I have tried to reach the maintainer of the rgam package. Until now, no response.
> Since I'm in a bit of a hurry, I try to reach you because as I try to install the rgam package using the command :
>
> install.packages("rgam")
>
> I get this warning message :
>
> Warning message:
>
> package ‘rgam’ is not available (for R version 3.6.3)
>
> The strange thing is that rgam depends R (>= 3.0.2) , stats
>
> How can I solve this problem ?

That package is no longer listed on CRAN.  You can find some versions of
it in https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive, the most recent
being from 2018.  I'd guess it doesn't pass all checks, so it was removed.

You could download the last version, and see if you can get it to work.
  If you are really ambitious, you might be able to take it over as
maintainer.

Or it might be easier to find a different package to do what you want to do.

Duncan Murdoch