[R] Image processing in R for BMI calculation

bretschr bret@chr @end|ng |rom x@4@||@n|
Sun Feb 28 23:56:58 CET 2021

Hello Paul Bernal,

(sorry, forgot to CC)

Re:

> Does anyone know about any package for image processing, for example, to
> calculate body mass index pased on a picture, silouette or image.

This sounds more like a job for the image analysis program NIH Image (the Java-version "ImageJ" being available for most platforms).
ImageJ was designed for the analysis of microscopic images of cells etcetera, and can count, mark and measure objects.
However, it works for 2D images unless jou have a stack of images.

For R there is a Package ‘EBImage’ for image manipulation and measuring that might also be interesting (but also 2D I guess).

Succes and
Best regards,

Franklin

Franklin Bretschneider