[R] GSOC 2021: Project Mentors, Please Post Project Ideas!

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Fri Feb 19 00:59:53 CET 2021

Potential GSoC Mentors,

R has applied as mentoring organization again this year for Google
Summer of Code 2021
(https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/).  While we won't
know for a while if we have been accepted, we hope that we will be
accepted again this year as we have been in past years.

If you are an author or an R package, or have research using R that
might benefit from additional paid summer coding help, I encourage you
to consider positng a project idea to the R  GSoC wiki:

https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2021/wiki/table%20of%20proposed%20coding%20projects

start by copying the template here:

https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2021/wiki/MENTORS-COPY-THIS-TEMPLATE

into a separate project idea page, and add your project idea to the
table on the first link above.

In the coming couple of weeks, Google will evaluate organizations for
inclusion in GSoC.  As part of that evaluation, Google reviews
organization's project ideas.  So it is good for the R community to
have project ideas in place for Google and potential students to
review.

Your project idea should encompass approximately 175 hours of paid work
by a student over 10 weeks.  You should have at least two mentors for
your project.  Please reach out to us with questions!

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson