[R] ISO recommendations for plot output format from R to MS Word

Robert Dodier robert@dod|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Feb 13 00:05:33 CET 2021

I need to export plots (constructed with plot and with ggplot) from R
to be imported into a MS Word document.

I am working with MS Word for Mac version 16.16.10 (copyright 2018)
and R versions 3.6.3 and/or 4.0.3.

I have verified that the version of MS Word which I am working with
can import SVG exported from R via svglite.

What I am mostly worried about is that other people with possibly
different versions of MS Word will not be able to view the document
correctly.

Towards the goal of creating an MS Word document which others with
unspecified versions of MS Word can view correctly, in what format
should I export figures from R?

I am working with a fairly large number of figures so there is some
motivation towards a fully automated process.

I have searched various forums and archives, but much of the
information may be out of date, so I am hoping that you can help me
with some up to date information.

Thank you very much for any light you can shed on this problem.

Robert Dodier