[R] uint8

Thu Feb 4 23:47:38 CET 2021

Please note per the posting guide linked below:

"For questions about functions in standard packages distributed with R (see
the FAQ Add-on packages in R
<https://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Add-on-packages-in-R>), ask
questions on R-help.
If the question relates to a *contributed package* , e.g., one downloaded
from CRAN, try contacting the package maintainer first. You can also use
find("functionname") and packageDescription("packagename") to find this
information. *Only* send such questions to R-help or R-devel if you get no
reply or need further assistance. This applies to both requests for help
and to bug reports. "

It appears you have not done this -- if you have, please say so. Given
that, while you might get lucky here, you should not be surprised if you
don't. This looks like *exactly* the sort of query that a maintainer could
help you with.

Cheers,
Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."