[R] compiling from source on RedHat 8

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Fri Dec 31 18:52:25 CET 2021

Hi,

I presume that you mean RHEL 8, and not just RH 8?

In either case, there is a list specifically for using R on RHEL/Fedora
based Linux derivative distributions:

You should subscribe to that list and post your query there, as the
RHEL/Fedora R maintainers are active on that list. They can give you
guidance on compiling R from source, if you really need to do that, or
to suggest that you use the existing RPMs for R that they maintain and
make available.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz