[R] Error Awareness

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Fri Dec 24 15:49:28 CET 2021

Thank you, Avi. I appreciate your reply. I agree maturing code is the
best move to answer this interrogatory. I express deep thanks for
contextualizing your response.

I also agree with you responses are becoming a pattern here. A post of
an open-ended question regarding either a conceptual or stylistic topic
is answered pervasively with linear thinking. This combination is a
mismatch of context.

https://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

I summarize reading in the R Posting Guide, which is written in English,
the recommendation to state a specific question involving specific R
functionality. I read nothing in the R Posting Guide where open-ended
questions are disallowed or even discouraged. Furthermore, I cannot
imagine not posting either conceptual or stylistic questions to any
practice group. If learning is not accomplished by open-ended questions,
then there is nothing left other than closed-ended (direct) questions.

All the same, the benefit of gaining either tacit understanding or
wisdom to use the R language by way of open-ended questioning is not
found in the R Posting Guide as it is either written or practiced. This
reality impairs the ability to learn about a dialogue member's thought
process. It also impairs the ability to ever be able to one day offer
either contract or employment work to anyone demonstrating both intimate
knowledge of the R language and having the wisdom to implement it
effectively.

It is inappropriate to recommend modifications to the R Posting Guide in
this discussion, as it would be out of scope. So, I will not do it.

I close this dialogue as resolved. It is best to post any further
discussion of this interrogatory in a new dialogue to avoid violating
the R Posting Guide requirement of the stated Latin term ad hominem.

  https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ad-hominem

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem#Terminology

  Kindest Regards,
*Stephen Dawson, DSL*