[R] Creating NA equivalent

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 22 00:35:55 CET 2021

Hi Bert,
What troubles me about this is that something like detectable level(s)
is determined at a particular time and may change. Censoring in
survival tells us that the case lasted "at least this long". While a
less than detectable value doesn't give any useful information apart
from perhaps "non-zero", an over limit value gives something like
censoring with "at least this much". However, it is more difficult to
conceptualize and I suspect, to quantify. To me, the important
information is that we think there _may be_ a value but we don't
(yet?) know it.

Jim