[R] Creating NA equivalent

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Dec 21 23:00:20 CET 2021

Please pardon a comment that may be off-target as well as off-topic.
This appears similar to a number of things like fuzzy logic, where an
instance can take incompatible truth values.

It is known that an instance may have an attribute with a numeric
value, but that value cannot be determined.

It seems to me that an appropriate designation for the value is Unk,
perhaps with an associated probability of determination to distinguish
it from NA (it is definitely not known).

Jim