[R] Creating NA equivalent

Tue Dec 21 12:31:55 CET 2021

Hi Chris,

The survival package provides machinery for handling censored observations. Whether time is censored or some other type of variable (e.g., viral load due to some lower detection limit) does not make a fundamental difference. In fact, the type of model you are thinking of with 2) is a Tobit model, which can be fitted using the survival package (or censReg).

Best,
Wolfgang