[R] nlme::lme sigma parameter standard deviation or variance?

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Dec 18 11:00:25 CET 2021

You can run a test. Multiply all your data by a scalar, say 2.
If this changes the result lme_mod$sigma by a factor of 2, then it is
a std deviation.
If it changes the result by a factor of 4, then it is a variance.

HTH,
Eric