[R] Calculate daily means from 5-minute interval data

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 31 01:18:47 CEST 2021

I made up fake data in order to avoid showing untested code.
It's not part of the process I was recommending.
I expect data recorded every N minutes to use NA when something
is missing, not to simply not be recorded.  Well and good, all that
means is that reshaping the data is not a trivial call to matrix().
It does not mean that any additional package is needed or appropriate
and it does not affect the rest of the process.

You will want the POSIXct class, see ?DateTimeClasses.
Do you know whether the time stamps are in universal time or in
local time?

Above all, it doesn't affect the point that you probably should not
be doing any of this.