[R] Configure error: checking if libcurl supports https... no

Adam Wysokiński @d@m@wy@ok|n@k| @end|ng |rom e@em@||
Sun Aug 29 19:22:51 CEST 2021

Hi,
What you need is the libcurl library, not the program curl (which you
have installed):

     sudo apt-get install libcurl4

and probably (if not installed automatically by apt):

     sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

Now it should work.

PS. you may always check which package provides a particular file by using:

     apt-file find libcurl

--
Regards,
Adam Wysokiński