[R] Query regarding stats/p.adjust package (base) - specifically 'Hochberg' function

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 25 00:50:45 CEST 2021

This is beginning to sound like a stats taliban fatwa. I don't care if
you're using an abacus, you want to get the correct result. My guess
is that the different instantiations of the Hochberg adjustment are
using different algorithms to calculate the result. The Hochberg
adjustment is known to be sensitive to the distributions of the test
statistics. People who are more expert than I in this area have
different ideas about how to handle this problem. This probably
contributes to the hopefully small differences in the eventual
corrected p-values.

Jim