[R] about L-BFGS-B

최병권 bgchoy @end|ng |rom @nu@@c@kr
Sun Aug 15 06:41:25 CEST 2021

Hello Dear,

I am Choy from Seoul.
I have a question about R

Is it possible to answer the error that occurred while executing R?
I am currently doing zero inflated regression because the data follows a
poisson distribution.

However, for glm.c <http://glm.cm>mp (rndclass ~ CR4), the results are
normally displayed, but when an independent variable is added, the
following error message is displayed:

#Error in optim(par.init, loglik, method = optim.method, control =
optim.control,  :
  L-BFGS-B needs finite values of 'fn'

I can't solve it, but I'd appreciate it if you could help.

For reference, the estimated regression equation is attached below.

# A CMP example with offset terms
 cmp.m3 = glm.cmp(rndclass ~ CR4 + offset(CR4), data=dta)  -(1)
 print(cmp.m3)

 # A ZICMP example with offset terms.

 zicmp.m4 = glm.cmp(rndclass ~ CR4+offset(CR4),
                    formula.nu = ~ offset(CR4),
                      formula.p = ~ CR4+offset(CR4), data=dta)  -(2)

# dependent variable:

 summary(dta$rndc)
    0     1     2     3
12398  1290 11341   109