[R] SOS package: findFn does not work

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sat Aug 7 12:39:29 CEST 2021

Thanks for the question.  Two things:

** 1.  TRY THE DEVELOPMENT VERSION OBTAINABLE AS FOLLOWS:

install.packages('devtools') # if it's not installed

library(devtools)

install_github("sbgraves237/sos")

library(sos)

  z <- findFn("spline", maxPages = 2)

# This should work.

** 2.  PLEASE PROVIDE:

sessionInfo()

	  "findFn('spline')" just worked for me using both the CRAN and
development versions of sos.  (2.1-0 from CRAN under Windows 10; 2.1-
from GitHub under macOS 11.4; both with R 4.1.0).

	  I need to push the GitHub version to CRAN.  However, it would help me
if I understood your configuration and if the GitHub version fixes the
problem for you.

	  Thanks for the report.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

	  Spencer Graves