[R] Assigning several lists to variables whose names are contained in other variables

Fri Apr 9 15:43:27 CEST 2021

Hello,

my_function seems to be a function you have defined somewhere in your code.
In your original post you mention it 3 times, this is the first one:

subnet_MYSUBNET <- my_function(MYSUBNET)

So Ivan's and Greg's code should work, they use a function you haven't
posted but is assumed to exist.

Note: if you are more comfortable with for loops than with *apply, I
would rewrite Ivan's for loop solution as

results <- vector("list", length = nrow(datatable))
for(val in datatable$column) {
	results[[as.character(val)]] <- my_function(val)
}

To keep extending a vector or list object in a loop is inefficient, this
creates the list with the right length beforehand.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas