[R] formula wrangling

Koenker, Roger W rkoenker @end|ng |rom ||||no|@@edu
Mon Sep 21 15:40:29 CEST 2020

Here is a revised snippet that seems to work the way that was intended.  Apologies to anyone
who wasted time looking at the original post.  Of course my interest in simpler or more efficient
solutions remains unabated.

if (exists("fqssnames")) {
	mff <- m
	mff$formula <- Terms
        ffqss <- paste(fqssnames, collapse = "+")
        mff$formula <- as.formula(paste(deparse(mff$formula), "+", ffqss))
    }
    m$formula <- Terms
    m <- eval(m, parent.frame())
    mff <- eval(mff, parent.frame())
    Y <- model.extract(m, "response")
    X <- model.matrix(Terms, m)
    ef <- environment(formula)
    qss <- function(x, lambda) (x^lambda - 1)/lambda
    if (length(qssterms) > 0) {
        xss <- lapply(tmpc$vars, function(u) eval(parse(text = u), mff))
	for(i in 1:length(xss)){
	    X <- cbind(X, xss[[i]]) # Here is the problem
	}
    }