[R] Survival Object - is 12month survival = 365days

POLWART, Calum (SOUTH TEES HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) c@|um@po|w@rt @end|ng |rom nh@@net
Fri Sep 4 17:45:57 CEST 2020

Using survfit I can get the '1 year' Survival from this dataset which holds survival in days:

require (survival)
survfit( Surv(time, status) ~sex, data=colon)
summary (fit, 365)

My current real world data I'm calculating time using lubridate to calculate time and since it made the axis easy I just told it to do and so my "time" appears to be  a float in months.

time <- time_length(interval(startDate, endDate), "months")

Is there a "right" approach to this (as in a convention). If I use 12months as a year and describe it in the write up as 12, 24 and 36 month survival rather than 1, 2 and 3 year presumably that is OK..

I've been asked to report 30, 60 & 90day. Then 6month, 1, 2 and 3 year survival.

Should I calculate time 3 times, (interval day, month and year) and run the survival on each to get the requested outputs or would people just provide something close.

Should I run a campaign to decimilise time?

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>