[R] R 4.0.2 not running on macOS 10.15.6

Michael Feher m|eher1971 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 4 03:26:21 CEST 2020

Greetings,

I am a brand-new user to R and want to install and run this on my iMac running macOS 10.15.6.  I successfully downloaded the correct package, installed it with no problems (I was not given any options for Tcl/Tk or Texinfo), and started it up as any other normal app.  Some introductory commands like license() and help() worked just fine.  But when I went to execute demo(), it just beach-balled.  I’ve had to force-quit R a number of times.

Yes, I read the Mac installation instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Mike