[R] Package recommendations for outputting table with cell formatting

Sat Oct 24 03:36:52 CEST 2020

I would go straight to Word using flextable (table layout) and officer (Word-specific formatting) within an rmarkdown document (e.g. bookdown:: word_document2 to manage overall structure and generate captions). Officer without rmarkdown may be able to generate true Word captions with bookmarks to cross-reference, but it is more tedious to set up than rmarkdown.