[R] 3d plot of earth with cut

Balint Radics b@||ntr@d|c@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 23 00:07:27 CEST 2020

Thanks for your idea. It should be a 2D slice/plane embedded into a 3D
space. Could be static, I just need to make a single figure from it for
illustration of the Earth together with its interior in 3D. So, the
interior would be a slice in 2D along a fixed longitude. And along this 2D
slice would be a heatmap. Again, embedded in 3D, since it would be shown as
a slice of Earth in 3D.

Duncan’s suggestion is almost exactly what I need so I will try that as a
start. Like that it is rotateable which is not a must, but it helps to
figure out which angle of view is the best, I hope i can save it as a PDF
or image.

Also, happy to try other solutions as well, if you think I overcomplicate
it!

Balint