[R] Adding text to existing PDF's created with R

Dennis Fisher ||@her @end|ng |rom p|e@@th@n@com
Thu Oct 8 00:26:07 CEST 2020

R 4.0.2
OS X

Colleagues

Does R have the capability of adding text (e.g., page numbers) to an existing PDF (previously created with R) -- other than adding this text, the PDF should be unchanged (except for a new filename).

The intent is as follows:
	I have multiple PDFs that I eventually merge into a single PDF, separating each one with a separator page.
	The content of the separator pages comes from a Word document.
	The task is performed with textreadr, officer, and pdftools.
I can insert page numbers into the separator pages (created as PDF documents).
I join the separator pages and the original PDFs using python's join command.
But I have not been able to figure out how to add page numbers to the existing PDF's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
www.PLessThan.com <http://www.plessthan.com/>