[R] calling r from java

Eduard Drenth edrenth @end|ng |rom |ry@ke-@k@demy@n|
Fri Nov 27 17:47:54 CET 2020

Dear all,

As a java developer I prefer to develop rest services using jax-rs.

Now I developed a service that executes Rscript (Using ProcessBuilder),
sends text to stdin of the process and reads from stdout of the
process.

Works fine, but this is inefficient, because every call reloads all
that is needed.

I have looked into this:

https://github.com/microsoft/java-client-library
https://rforge.net/Rserve/
several other sources on stackoverflow etc.

A lot of these sources seem old or not maintained.

Now my question: Is there a preferred and maintained way to efficiently
call R from Java? Preferrably available in maven central?

Regards, Eduard

--
Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

edrenth using fryske-akademy.nl