[R] Language environment

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Tue Nov 17 14:57:16 CET 2020

> On Nov 17, 2020, at 8:00 AM, Steven Yen <styen using ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
> In R, I was able to set the language environment by fixing the line
>
> in file "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.0.3\etc\Rconsole", line 70 below, set
> language to EN:
>
> language = EN
>
> In RStudio, I am not able to do that, except to include the line
>
> Sys.setenv(LANG="en");
>
> in every one of my program file. That's too much work. Any idea? Thank you!

Hi,

You may be better served using and/or posting to RStudio's own support site:

  https://support.rstudio.com/

as they are a separate product from R itself.

It sounds like there may be somewhat different session startup processes for RStudio, and they would be the best resource to assist you.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz