[R] Inappropriate color name

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 16 21:54:01 CET 2020

Hi Elaine,
There seems to be a popular contest to discover offence everywhere. I don't
think that it does anything against racism, sexism or
antidisestablishmentarianism. Words are plucked from our vast lexicon to
comfort or insult our fellows depending upon the intent of the user. It is
the intent that matters, not the poor word. Chasing the words wastes your
time, blames those who use the words harmlessly, and gives the real
offender time to find another epithet.

Jim