[R] ggplot2 stat_smooth formula different units

Marcelo Laia m@rce|o|@|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 11 23:11:20 CET 2020

Hi,

I am running these approaches:

Model 1

ggplot( dat , aes(x=DAP, y=Altura, color=as.factor(Espacamento) )) +
    geom_point(size=0.5) +
    stat_smooth(method = "lm",
                formula = y ~ x + I(x^2), size = 1) +
    facet_grid(Espacamento ~ Clone) +
    theme(legend.position="none")

Model 2

ggplot( dat , aes(x=DAP, y=Altura, color=as.factor(Espacamento) )) +
    geom_point(size=0.5) +
    stat_smooth(method = "lm",
                formula = I(log(y)) ~ I(1/x), size = 1) +
    facet_grid(Espacamento ~ Clone) +
    theme(legend.position="none")

In model 1, both, original variables and fitted variables are plotted
in the same units.

However, in the second one, points is plotted in the original variable,
instead of fitted variables. I know that

exp(fitted(model2))

do the trick and return the variables to the original units.

But, I don't know how I do this in the stat_smooth function.

Please, have you a tip for help me?

Thank you!

--
Marcelo