[R] solve() function freezes CLI in GNU R 3.6.3

Wed May 13 22:13:00 CEST 2020

In general, any time you deal with floating point numbers having different magnitudes, you risk pushing some low precision bits out of the result. Simply changing the sequence of calculations such as a literal polynomial evaluation versus Horner's method can obtain different results. Take a course in Numerical Analysis to learn more.

[1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horner%27s_method
[2] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerical_analysis