[R] Rtools virus

Gavan McGrath g@v@n@mcgr@th @end|ng |rom dbc@@w@@gov@@u
Wed May 6 05:50:12 CEST 2020

Hi,
My IT department instructed me to uninstall Windows 64-bit: rtools40-x86_64.exe as it contained a virus which they identified at

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5c10d60e73dd0186e8f886ef0b9388bb7dbdfdc17366c14c16183edb08fdb58a/detection

Kind Regards,

Dr Gavan McGrath, PhD, B.E.

Research Scientist
Biodiversity and Conservation Science
Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
Street Address: 17 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, WA 6151, Australia
Postal Address Locked Bag 104, Bentley Delivery Centre, WA 6983, Australia
Phone: +618 9219 9447 Mobile: +61 458 559 765
Email: gavan.mcgrath using dbca.wa.gov.au

Adjunct Research Fellow
School of Agriculture and Environment
The University of Western Australia
Perth, Western Australia
Email: gavan.mcgrath using uwa.edu.au

 This message is confidential and is intended for the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, use or copy the message or any part of it. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then delete it from your system.