[R] 'closure' (was "stats:: spline's method could not be monoH.FC")

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 7 06:59:31 CEST 2020

I should clarify that the original *problem* wasn't a case of environment()<-
but a proposed solution was.  As the proposer wrote,
"However, this can lead to headaches downstream".

We agree that it is very important and useful to understand environments in R.
I once set out to construct a formal model of environments in S and R and how
lookup works.  I lost track of all the functions I had to consider and gave up.