[R] CRAN library down? - UPDATE

Sun May 3 05:10:09 CEST 2020

a) You will help yourself and those who you attempt to communicate with if you learn the terminology correctly as described in the RcInstallation and Administration manual (e.g. RShowDoc("R-admin") or https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html):

  1) Packages are collections of functions and documentation.
  2) Libraries are the directories _on our computers_ in which we keep packages that we want convenient access to.
  3) Repositories are directories of packages on internet servers from which we typically retrieve packages that we want to keep in our libraries.

b) There are many web servers that mirror the contents of the CRAN repository. They are operated as volunteer contributions to the R community. You have referenced one of them in your error message.

c) If you use your web browser to visit the URL you reported in your post then there is a message returned that explains what happened and offers a suggestion as to next steps you should take.